Agile Ability – Corporate Video Production
Corporate Video Production How To Make Great Corporate Videos
Corporate Video Production is an opportunity to create compelling content that people will want to engage with; it is currently the most popular choice for content consumption.
Whether the content is for brand awareness, launching a new product, lead generation, tutorial, training video, social media, or a good old-fashioned sales pitch, video is an essential part of a company’s digital marketing strategy.
Corporate Video Statistics You Cant Just Ignore
- Over 80% of marketers say video increases traffic, and the time spent on the site, generates more leads, and improves understanding of product or service. In fact, 73% of consumers say they’d prefer to watch a short video.
- 88% of people say that by watching a brand’s video they’ve been convinced to buy a service or product.
- People are twice as likely to share video content than any other type of content.
The bottom line: people are much more likely to respond to video than to any other content.
The 5 Essential Steps To Make Great Corporate Videos
1. Define Key Objectives
A corporate video is a marketing tool. What will it be used for? The creation of a strong strategic asset begins with defining its role in a marketing strategy. For instance, a documentary for brand awareness cannot do the job of an explainer video or tutorial.
Clear focus delivers the best results for the budget. It also makes the project measurable.
2. Know The Audience
The most effective marketing is customer-centric. A corporate video pitched at the right audience will generate leads, boost brand loyalty, and encourage sharing. If pitched at the wrong audience, not only does it waste spend, it also puts a company’s reputation at risk.
In addition to the demographics or segmentation of the audience, videos for professional partners, shareholders, and customers will differ from videos for internal communications.
The pre-production phase is for planning, designing and testing. The better this is, the better the corporate video will be. Both the script and the storyboard are essential. Competition for attention is fierce, so the script must be cohesive, succinct, simple to understand, and easy to remember. The storyboard guides the film maker frame by frame.
An effective corporate video production tells a story that will move the audience to take the action identified by the project focus. But, most importantly, a corporate video must give value. And whether it entertains, informs, motivates or educates, in order to be trusted, it must be authentic.
4. Shooting the Video
The rule is: Stick to the schedule, stick to the script. Here are some other tips:
- A large part of the job is putting interviewees at ease. It takes skill and patience.
- Make an emotional connection. This will be apparent and compelling in the final product.
- Show don’t tell
- There can be a lot of pressure when filming. The professional film maker knows how to manage their time.
- Equipment must be reliable and give adequate flexibility.
- Always shoot additional footage.
- The sound of a video is crucial. Use microphones or a unidirectional sound bar.
Much of the magic happens in the editing phase, where the corporate video is put together and polished.
- Audio mixing, like the addition of voice-overs or music.
- Calibration for colour and light correction.
- Integration of text content and visuals, like on-screen text, subtitles, and logos.
- Visual effects such as transitions, FX simulation, and 2D/3D animations.
Video Production Quality Matters More Than You Think
The difference between an amateur video and a professionally-produced video is easily spotted, and it can do an organisation significant damage.
- Brand Reputation
The quality of a corporate video speaks to the professionalism and authority of the organisation. A poor video suggests (loudly) that quality is not a priority for the organisation.
- Customer Loyalty
A corporate video should strike a rapport with viewers. A boring one means you don’t know your audience and what matters to them. They are unlikely to give you their attention.
- Lead Generation
Inconsistent messaging creates confusion. It leaves your viewers unsure and unconvinced about your brand.
We Make Great Corporate Videos
Despite the overwhelming evidence of their popularity and impact, many companies delay making corporate videos. They don’t have the time. They don’t know where to start. Corporate videos are too expensive. We can assist. Our professional corporate video production services are extremely cost-effective.
We do more than ensure the quality of your corporate video.
- We take care of legal obligations. This includes union regulations, and image rights documents for people interviewed or simply present on the footage.
- We think multi-channel. This includes teasers, different lengths for different social media platforms, captions, translation etc.
Pulling together all the elements that make great corporate videos requires planning, the right tools, a talented team, and an experienced director and producer.